Poem in Art. Cartoon Walrus to oysters "time to talk of many things: Of cabbages & kings...why sea is boiling / pigs have wings"
"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes -- and ships -- and sealing-wax --
Of cabbages -- and kings --
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."
"But wait a bit," the Oysters cried,
"Before we have our chat;
For some of us are out of breath,
And all of us are fat!"
"No hurry!" said the Carpenter.
They thanked him much for that.
"A loaf of bread," the Walrus said,
"Is what we chiefly need;
Pepper and vinegar besides
Are very good indeed--
Now, if you're ready, Oysters dear,
We can begin to feed."
~ Lewis Carroll
- "Poem in Art and Story" Collection 1 and 2 (ebook)
- Wordsworth: world's too much w/ us; late & soon, getting& spending, we lay waste our powers: Little we see in Nature that's ours
- I bring fresh showers for thirsting flowers...I wield the flail of lashing hail/I dissolve it in rain/laugh as I pass in thunder
- Cartoon Walrus Kids' Apron
- Cute Cartoon Walrus iPhone Case
Browse other gifts from Zazzle.